1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest. Please read and be aware of the General Forums Rules before posting in any of the GOTSMOK Forums. Thanks in advance.

XC-116 WICK TREATED FROM RBA-SUPPLIES

Discussion in 'Rebuildable Atomizers / Drippers' started by 500HP WRX, Nov 23, 2013.

1. 500HP WRX

500HP WRX Member

Has anybody tried this ceramic wicking material call XC-116 treated.
    It can be used in all RBAs including Genies and it wicks with out having to tilt your Genie.
    And it is easy to clean after it is gunked up just torch it and can be reused
    I just watched a few videos on it and it seems pretty amazing .
    Its on sale at RBA -Supplies
    Last edited: Nov 23, 2013
  2. The-Nectar

The-Nectar Active Member

Lol I JUST posted about this this morning. I'm assuming you saw it on **********. But it's not new. I know people who have been using it to sleeve their SS cable and they say it's the best thing ever.
  3. 500HP WRX

500HP WRX Member

Yes I saw it on *********Thanks for the heads up.
    Was the XC-106 your friend ordered treated?
    I just ordered 5Ft.
    This may the answer to my S.S mesh hot spot issues once and for all:)
    I'm going to try this XC-106 in my AGA-T2, Kracken and Steam Turbine by its self and see how well it works
  4. The-Nectar

The-Nectar Active Member

Yes his was treated. It has to be. But you really should look into getting some SS cable as well. I use cable in all my genesis style builds and it works wonderfully.
  5. 500HP WRX

500HP WRX Member

What would be the best size for me to buy I don't want to buy different sizes if I don't have to.
    I want to use it in my AGA-T2 Steam Turbine and Kracken.
    Who sells a good quality cable at a good price.
    Do you know if Tempco sells any S.S cable?
  6. The-Nectar

The-Nectar Active Member

7. 500HP WRX

500HP WRX Member

8. 500HP WRX

500HP WRX Member

Thanks Nectar :)
    I just ordered some 1/6 and 5/64 S.S cable.
    From Avid vapor.
    I hope it works well.
    How do you oxidize S.S cable is it the same process as S.S mesh.
    :)
  9. The-Nectar

The-Nectar Active Member

Yes it's the same process. I never wrap my coil directly onto the cable. I usually sleeve it. But I have seen people wrap on the cable itself. They just torch the crap out of it.
  10. 500HP WRX

500HP WRX Member

OK Thanks
  11. Mjt

Mjt New Member

Just ordered 5ft of this stuff from rbasupplies.com
    Properly heated in a kilm have to wait an see how well it performs
  12. The-Nectar

The-Nectar Active Member

I wish someone would sell some pretreated Nextel in a bigger size. 1/8 is so small
  13. Spike64

Spike64 Moderator Staff Member

Hmmmm....I just remembered that I have a sample of XC-116 from RBA Supplies that I won on a show on Nova called "It Don't Stop". I had planned on using it but stuck it in a drawer and forgot about it....might be time to visit it...
  14. 500HP WRX

500HP WRX Member

I Set up KayFun lite With XC-116 from RBA SUPPLIES a few weeks ago.
    And flavor throat hit and vapor are still going strong this is by far the best wicking materials I have used to date .
    I tried the XC-116 in my Kanger pro tank but it seems to choke off liquid flow anyone else have this problem.
    Has any one used the use the xc-116 in there pro tank without any issues?
    If so I would appreciate your method if you would like to share it with me.
    I am using cotton in my Pro tank for now but it needs to be changed frequently.
  15. 500HP WRX

500HP WRX Member

@Nectar I spoke to Jeremy at RBA Supplies he is looking into getting other sizes of Nextel.
    But did not give me a definite answer on the date.
    He doesn't want to rush just to put stuff on his site safety and quality comes first with him:)
    Last edited: Dec 11, 2013
  16. 500HP WRX

500HP WRX Member

RBA SUPPLIES is running a special using coupon code "BIG1000" to get 10% off your order!!
  17. The-Nectar

The-Nectar Active Member

Sweet. I can't wait
  18. Capt DJB

Capt DJB Member

After watching the fids on the XC-116 is it still as "charmed" (not being sarcastic) just seems like it would be reusable to the max which woud make it SO worthit - only complaint I saw is the "dust" - most likely coming from the kelning/ (safe - inhalation) ??
    TwoFoSickDolla likes this.
  19. Just torch the heck out of them before using them to get all that dust out of there.
    Capt DJB likes this.
  20. Capt DJB

Capt DJB Member

Well off to RBA Supplies to buy .......
    Last edited: Apr 17, 2014