1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Welcome Guest. Please read and be aware of the General Forums Rules before posting in any of the GOTSMOK Forums. Thanks in advance.

Caravela Clone!

Discussion in 'Mechanical Mods' started by pokehero, Nov 25, 2013.

1. pokehero

pokehero Member

2. Spike64

Spike64 Moderator Staff Member

I'm looking at this, but am disappointed at the lack of a brass top cap...really takes away from the appearance...but the price is awesome for all 3 tubes...I wonder if the serial number lines up on any or all of them...hmmmm
  3. Spike64

Heck with it...I bought the kit...it's cheap enough to give it a shot...lol
    ubersole likes this.
  4. Adrian

Adrian Active Member

Yeah I am a sucker for a gamble too. For just over $20 I couldn't resist. Just received my JM22 clone kit and was pleasantly surprised. The fogger V2 looks like it was made for it. Only thing I need to do with the JM22 mod is upgrade the firing spring. Now the waiting begins.
  5. VoodooRex

VoodooRex Active Member

Caravela's are special orders. If you request a stainless top and a brass button they will set it up that way. It's just the norm that people get both. Regardless, for 20 bucks and no waiting list it's an amazing deal. As far as numbers not lining up I'm sure there are ways to fix that.
    Spike64 likes this.
  6. Seafond

Seafond Member

Beautiful mod and really cheap
  7. Keith

Keith Member

how do you like the JM 22 clone? i have matching "his and hers" JM 22 clones in my ever building FT shopping cart, and was just wondering. my wife's vamo is starting to die on her, and she has said she would prefer a mech for her next mod, because she really doesn't use all of the VV stuff on her vamo.
  8. Seafond

Seafond Member

The reviews of the polished jm22 are good. I do not own one but if you are looking for a beautifull little mech mod the némésis again is a very good choice. The caravela too seems beautifull but we Will have to wait for reviews...
    Spike64 likes this.
  9. Spike64

+1 on the Nemesis clone...just an excellent mech...
  10. VoodooRex

VoodooRex Active Member

FT now has the Atomo clone for 15 bucks in 18500 mode. Getting 2 myself. Looks badass.
  11. Seafond

Seafond Member

It is the V1. It doesn't have locking ring.
  12. VoodooRex

VoodooRex Active Member

It has a recessed button with a magnetic switch. Really doesn't need to be locked.
  13. slykyfox

slykyfox Member

Do the clones from FT use solid brass, or just brass plated?
  14. VoodooRex

VoodooRex Active Member

Brass for the most part. They have a specs breakdown that will tell you for every mod.
    vapesteady likes this.
  15. ben

ben Member

been waiting for a good vela clone
    ubersole and Spike64 like this.
  16. Adrian

Adrian Active Member

I only use my JM22 in 18500 mode. It just looks so right with the fogger V2 on it. Not too tall and not too small. I have more expensive mods but until my Caravella clone arrives i'm going to keep rocking this bad boy
  17. VoodooRex

VoodooRex Active Member

Yeah. I'm a big fan for 18500/18490 as well. I do like some 18650 too.
  18. Spike64

Me too....and we might still be waiting, but I'll know for sure when it actually ships and gets to me...lol
  19. teamcheapmods

teamcheapmods Active Member

So, since we're all hyped up for the Vela clone... look what one of my local vape shops just stocked up on...

This is called the TERRA:
    [​IMG]

Seriously, does this not look like a clone of the Vela with a bigger locking ring?! 18490/18650/18350.
    buckskinner38 and Spike64 like this.
  20. VoodooRex

VoodooRex Active Member

Not thinking vela but it looks pretty wicked.